Washington, D.C., Niagara Falls & N.Y.C. - Classic Group, 2022
Washington, D.C., Niagara Falls & N.Y.C. – Classic Group, 2022
See the U.S. capitol and the Big Apple like never before on this two-week guided tour of the U.S. In Washington, D.C., walk past the White House and Washington Monument and through the National Mall; and later, pay homage to fallen soldiers at the Lincoln and World War II memorials. Visit Gettysburg with a Local Expert, who will guide you through one of the Civil War’s most pivotal battles. Cruise to the base of the cascading Niagara Falls. Travel to the Finger Lakes, where eleven lakes lap against the forest and nearby towns; and taste fine wines and microbrews at a local winery. Admire the iconic skyline of New York City before ascending to the Top of the Rock for a birds-eye of the skyscrapers, parks, and rivers below. Later, cruise the harbor past the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
- Washington DC: Join your Travel Director and meet fellow guests at a private Welcome Dinner with drinks at 18:00.
- Harrisburg: You will enjoy a Dinner with wine at a local restaurant in Harrisburg.
- New York: A lively Celebration Dinner this evening concludes your journey. Join your fellow travellers at Trattoria Dell’ Arte for a classic Italian meal as you relax surrounded by art and sculptures.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfast (B), 3 Dinner with Wine (DW), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW)
- Gettysburg: Take a short trip to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania where your Local Expert will explain the history and importance behind one of the Civil War’s most pivotal battles.
- Finger Lakes: Become a student aboard the MV Teal as you engage in Floating Classroom activities run by the non-profit Discover Cayuga Lake. Experienced educators will provide narration and hands-on ecology lessons as you participate in this scenic eco-tour on the Finger Lakes’ longest lake.
- Finger Lakes: Gain a fascinating insight into the ecology of Cayuga Lake during a scenic eco-tour aboard a Floating Classroom. Executive Director and Director of Educational Programs Bill Foster will join you aboard the MV Teal.: Finger Lakes: Gain a fascinating insight into the ecology of Cayuga Lake during a scenic eco-tour aboard a Floating Classroom. Executive Director and Director of Educational Programs Bill Foster will join you aboard the MV Teal.
Top Rated Highlight
- Washington, D.C. City Tour: Take a city tour of Washington, D.C. and discover its iconic memorials and monuments, including the White House, Washington Monument, and National Mall.
- Visit the Corning Museum of Glass: Make your way to the Corning Museum of Glass, where you can learn about the art, history, culture, technology, science, craft, and design that tells the riveting story of the museum’s single material, glass. Sandblast your own keepsake before watching master artisans at work.
- Cruise Along Niagara Falls: Board your cruise and greet the howling spray, wind and thunder at the base of the falls. Browse the shops and galleries of Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- Visit the Three Brothers Wineries and Estate in Finger Lakes: Pay a special visit to the Three Brothers Wineries and Estates near Seneca Lake, featuring wineries, a microbrewery, slushie hut and cafe all focused on local sustainability.
- New York City Tour: Take a bite of the Big Apple on a tour of the city’s highlights with a Local Expert.
- Visit the Top of the Rock in New York: For a full view of this monumental city, ascend to the Top of the Rock – the 70th floor of the Rockefeller Center Building – for a sweeping view of the skyscrapers, parks, rivers and urban canyons that make up the teeming isle of Manhattan.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
A Monumental Time in Washington, D.C.
Washington, D.C. Sightseeing
Gettysburg and Harrisburg
On to Niagara
The Finger Lakes of New York
A Bite of the Big Apple
Depart New York City