Northern Lights of Scandinavia - Classic Group, Winter 2021 2022
Northern Lights Of Scandinavia – Classic Group, Winter 2021 2022
Chase the aurora borealis on this bewitching journey across Scandinavia’s breath-taking mountains, rivers, cities and fjords.
- Ivalo: Your delicious Welcome Dinner will be served at the boutique Aurora Village hotel.
- North Cape: There is no better way to search for the Northern Lights than by toasting to your adventure with bubbles and caviar at North Cape, the most special place on earth.
- Alta: Head for drinks at a local ice bar, where you’ll get the chance to catch up with your fellow travellers.
- Alta: Savour a delicious oven-baked dinner of local seasonal specialities of fresh salmon or the local’s favourite, reindeer, served with fresh salads and wine.
- Tromso: Dine on traditional food, served with hot drinks with the fascinating Sami people, as you hear tales of Scandinavia from its indigenous people.
- Oslo: Scandinavian hospitality is matched with fine food and a glass of wine at your Celebration Dinner.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfast (B), 3 Dinner (D), 3 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Alta: Meet Trine and her huskies. Hear tales about their marathon Artic dog sled races during a hearty dinner.
Make Travel Matter
- Tromso: Delve into the fascinating history of Scandinavia in Tromsø. Norway has recognized its Sami population as indigenous and has special rules for the protection of Sami cultural heritage. During this Make Travel Matter experience a Sami family welcomes you into their reindeer camp, for a traditional evening of dinner and games, and shares their traditions, culture and history.The Sami Camp advances SDG 11: Sustainable Cities & Communities. The camp safeguards traditional practices that are significant to the Sami tribe. Visitors are educated about the sustainability and resiliency of their community.
Top Rated Highlights
- Honningsvåg: During your orientation with your Travel Director hear about the past and present of this small fishing community.
- Alta: Enjoy an orientation of Alta, where the world’s first Northern Lights observatory was built at the end of the 19th century. With increasing tourism the city is going through quick development offering a wide range of activities.
- Tromso: Enjoy your orientation of Tromsø, Northern Norway’s largest city located on the island of Tromsøya.
- Oslo: On your orientation of Oslo city, see the Oslo Opera House and the new Deichmann Librabry in the contemporary Bjørvika district.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to Helsinki.
The gateway to Lapland
Ivalo to Honningsvåg
Northern Lights in North Cape
North Cape to Alta
Alaskan Huskies in Alta
Norway’s gateway to the Artic
Delve into Scandinavian history
A merry finale in Oslo