Classic Sri Lanka
Classic Sri Lanka
The remnants of a spiritual past await your discovery in Sri Lanka, from the ancient cliff-built complex of Lion Rock in Sigiriya to the ruins of the Sinhalese capital in Anuradhapura. Explore wonders of nature and humanity – often both at once – on this 8-day adventure through the cities, jungles and caves of Sri Lanka. Beginning in Negombo, travel through verdant countryside, past tea plantations, into the wildlife-filled Minneriya National Park and to the thriving capital of Colombo. An immersive and cultural Sri Lankan escapade awaits – the only thing left to choose is when to go.
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Kandy – Private cultural dance performance
- Nuwara Eliya – Pedro Tea Estate visit
- Kandy – Temple of the Tooth with pooja ceremony
- Dambulla – Cave Temples
- Kandy – Spice garden visit
- Sigiriya – Lion Rock
- Anuradhapura – Bodhi Tree Temple
- Anuradhapura – World Heritage Site of ancient kingdom ruins
- Anuradhapura Bike Tour – Bike Guide
- Colombo – Market Visit
- Travel through highlands so green they almost glow in Nuwara Eliya, and sample some of the acclaimed tea varieties that grow on the hillsides with your small group.
- Learn of the varied cuisine and local customs of different regions around Sri Lanka, highlighted by a rhythmic cultural dance performance in Kandy.
- See one of the world’s most revered relics at the Temple of the Tooth in Kandy, home to an earthly remain of the Lord Buddha, and discover the cave temple of Dambulla.
- Head on safari – Sri Lanka style! Look for elephants and leopards while you cruise the beautiful Minneriya National Park in a jeep with expert local guides at twilight.
- Watch candy-coloured tuk-tuks zip down the street in Colombo and while you’re checking out all the sights, have time to shop locally and ethically at small cottage industries.