America's Magnificent National Parks - end Denver, Preview 2022
America’s Magnificent National Parks – End Denver, 2022
Prepare for an epic adventure through remarkable scenery and prominent landmarks as you make your way through America’s Magnificent National Parks. This sprightly tour combines multiple states and landscapes to form a complete experience of North America’s most popular parks, historic monuments and scenic grandeur. From gliding through the narrow sandstone turns of Antelope Canyon to witnessing the sprouting geysers of Yellowstone and releasing your inner cowboy at the award-winning Buffalo Bill Center of the West, you’ll take in some of America’s most iconic sights.
- Scottsdale: Mingle over a delightful Welcome Dinner at your resort’s renowned Zuzu Restaurant, named for the beloved matriarch of the family that owns the property.
- Grand Canyon: Enjoy dinner with an incredible view at the Thunderbird Room, overlooking the South Rim.
- Monument Valley: Overlooking stunning landscapes, stop at a beautiful and private location for a delicious, authentic Navajo cookout prepared from scratch in front of you. Get a chance to completely immerse yourself in the destination as a Navajo storyteller, dancer, singer or flutist join the gathering.
- Zion National Park: Join your new friends for a Highlight Dinner within Zion National Park at the lodge’s Red Rock Grill.
- UCross Ranch: Savour a hearty ranch style Highlight Dinner, prepared by your local hosts.
- Custer: Toast to the finale of your trip at your Celebration Dinner served at your lodge within Custer State Park.
- Dining Summary: 14 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) and 5 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Grand Canyon: Join Local Expert Canyon Tim for an informative presentation and witness the burnt orange hues of the canyon walls.
- Monument Valley: Join a Navajo guide in an open-air vehicle to explore the iconic vistas of this Navajo Tribal Park.
- Black Hills: View Crazy Horse Memorial, which is dedicated to all Native Americans. An exclusive Insight Experience awaits as you are taken up to the 641 feet (195 metres) long and 563 feet (172 metres) tall sculpture to stand face to face with the world’s largest mountain carving.
Top Rated Highlights
- Sedona: Explore bohemian Sedona with its shops and galleries before heading to Grand Canyon National Park.
- Cameron: Stop at the historic Trading Post, established in the early 1900s as a place where Native American’s traded wool and livestock.
- Glen Canyon: Visit the dam that stands 710 feet or 216 meters high, and provides water and power to western communities.
- Lake Powell: A testament to the power of water over rock, glide through the narrow sandstone turns of Antelope Canyon during your cruise.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Enjoy the rugged beauty with a leisurely walk along Sunset Point to view the hoodoos.
- Zion National Park: The most relaxing and informative way to see the grandeur and natural features of the canyon is by a private shuttle that includes live commentary.
- Yellowstone NP: Enter Yellowstone, known for its unique geothermal activity, spectacular landscapes and abundant wildlife.
- Yellowstone: See Upper Geyser Basin, which boasts the highest concentration of spouting geysers, hot springs and steaming fumaroles in the world.
- Cody: Explore the award-winning Buffalo Bill Center of the West, known for its excellent Western art collection and natural history.
- UCross: Begin your day with a scenic country horseback ride(8).
- Black Hills: View the awe-inspiring Devils tower, a butte that protrudes from the landscape and is considered sacred by the Lakota and other tribes.
- Deadwood: Historical Wild West figures such as Wild Bill Hickock and Calamity Jane called Deadwood home. Learn about the Gold Rush and the town’s notable residents aboard Kevin Costner’s Original Deadwood Tour with a Local Expert.
- Black Hills: View iconic Mount Rushmore National Memorial where carvings of Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt overlook the landscape.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Arrive in Phoenix and Travel to Scottsdale.
Sedona and the Wonders of the Mighty Grand Canyon.
Monument Valley and Lake Powell.
Leisurely Lake Powell.
Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks.
Zion Canyon Excursion and Free Time.
Salt Lake City.
On to Jackson, Wyoming.
Yellowstone National Park.
Geysers and Colourful Mudpots.
The Ranch at Ucross.
Devils Tower into the Black Hills.
Custer and the Wild, Wild West.
Monuments of the Black Hills.